Home    eJManager.com Add Your Journal   |    Follow on Twitter   |    Subscribe to List

Directory for Medical Articles
 

Open Access

Original Research

IJHSR. 2016; 6(12): 41-46


Study of Laparoscopic Appendicectomy in Complicated Appendicitis.

Dr. B.Hemashankara Rao, Dr. RV Srinivasarao.

Abstract
Background: Complicated appendicitis is associated with an increased risk for postoperative complications and has been considered a relative contraindication of laparoscopic appendectomy.
Objective: To make awareness and to provide satisfactory results of laparoscopy in complicated appendicitis.
Methodology: The study consists of 30 patients who have undergone laparoscopic appendectomy at MIMS (Maharagah’s Institute of Medical Sciences). The study population was enrolled after fulfilling the selection criteria from OPD (Out Patient Department) of General Surgery Due consideration of was given to match the variables like age, sex, duration of symptoms etc., to the possible extent. Informed consent was taken from all the patients who are involved in this study. Patients diagnosis was based on clinical findings, blood counts, and abdominal sonography.
Results: Thirty patients underwent laparoscopic appendectomy for complicated appendicitis. Of the 30 patients, mass with perforated appendix cases are 18, gangrenous appendix are 6, mass in right iliac fossa only one case. Post operation wound infection rate is very less, moderate wound infection is observed only in 4 cases (8%) and remaining 26 cases (92%) did not develop any wound infection.
Conclusions: The present study proved that laparoscopic appendectomy is the BEST approach in complicated appendicitis.

Key words: Appendicectomy, Appendicitis, Laparoscopy and Surgery.



Share this Article




ScopeMed Home
Follow ScopeMed on Twitter
Article Tools
Job Opportunities/Service Offers
eJManager OJMS
eJPort Journal Hosting
About ScopeMed
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
Suggest a Journal
Publisher Login
Contact Us

The articles in Scopemed are open access articles licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/) which permits unrestricted, non-commercial use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the work is properly cited.
ScopeMed is a Service of eJManager LLC Publishing for Scientific Publications. Copyright © ScopeMed® Information Services.
Scopemed Buttons